Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colorado

In July I had an opportunity to go back to Colorado to do some hiking almost exactly five years after the first time I made this trip. My wife graciously let me go on about four days notice and I met my friend Mike in Denver. We hiked everyday shorter and longer hikes. Unlike last time I was there, the weather was not cooperative. It rained more than usual, making us change our plans. We had to cut out one of our climbs and almost had to cut the second (see the first Long's Peak View picture) but the weather changed for the better (see the second Long's Peak View picture). We still had a really good time and I got to take some pictures (not as many as I would have hoped). These are a few of the pictures that jumped out at me so far, I haven't really trimmed them done and have only played with a few of the images so far. This trip also inspired Jessica and me to finally get around to climbing the highest peak in Texas, Guadalupe Peak (can you find it on a map?).


2 comments:

  1. These pics are awesome! What a beautiful place. I didnt get to hear much about it. I am glad you had the opportunity to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are really good. Is this as big as the pics get? I'd love to see them bigger some time if possible.

    ReplyDelete